FitGirl Repacks is any gamer’s go-to for compressed video games. Pirating video games on torrent sites like The Pirate Bay isn’t anything new. Gamers who don’t have the monetary resources to shell out money on the latest games like Cyberpunk 2077 turn to piracy in order to play them. However, pirated games do usually take up a considerable amount of digital resources. These types of games can go over 90 gigabytes (GB) in file size — not the kindest to users who have limited internet bandwidth and device storage.
Because of this, we saw the rise of repacked games. With significantly smaller file sizes, repack games work just like the original, but don’t hog up your bandwidth and storage.
However, downloading anything off the internet does come with risks. This is especially if it’s from illegitimate sources.
Learn the basics of repacked games and how FitGirl Repacks became a mecca for gamers worldwide with this guide. Additionally, we’ll also help you on how you can download free video games without compromising your device.
What is FitGirl Repack?
Let’s face it, expanding your gaming library is costly. The latest AAA games can easily go above the $50 mark. Admittedly, there are still the best free Steam games you can enjoy. This is, of course, if your PC’s storage can handle these games’ file sizes. This is where FitGirl-Repacks enters the scene.
First thing’s first, let’s deal with the burning question on everyone’s mind: is FitGirl actually a girl? According to the FitGirl Repack site, yes, the infamous game repacker is, in fact, a girl. Regardless of this, though, the site has undoubtedly become a household name in the gaming community. FitGirl’s ability to shave off massive GBs from both download and installment sizes of games has earned her a reputation as one of the best sources of repacked video games. Since these repacked games are compressed, they have reduced file sizes. Thus, this makes them perfect for gamers who want to expand their video game collection without costing them a single cent.
In fact, you can easily find the FitGirl Repacks Sims 4 version that’s less than 28GB in file size. Compare this to the original 48GB file size on Steam, and the compressed version seems meager. As such, this reduced file size makes it easier to save not only on your device’s memory but also on digital bandwidth.
Repackers do this by removing a couple of the game’s features. This can include removing cutscenes from video games. If you’re a fan of video games with cinematic cutscenes like the one found in the Final Fantasy 7 Remake, this may be an issue. Additionally, repack games often have lower audio and video quality.
The Dangers of FitGirl Repacks Games
By now, the benefits of downloading repack games should be clear. After all, who doesn’t want free video games with smaller file sizes? Unfortunately, as with all pirated content, there are a few pitfalls that go hand-in-hand when downloading and installing FitGirl Repack games.
The biggest danger that comes when downloading pirated games is malware. Many games sourced from illegitimate websites will have cybersecurity threats like viruses, spyware, and bots weaved into their coding.
Moreover, fans of the best online multiplayer games may not like pirated repack games. The majority of pirated games don’t offer this feature because game developers utilize their very own servers that allow multiplayer interactions within a game. There are some pirated games that offer private servers, but they are often packed with sketchy people and potential hackers.
Is FitGirl Trustworthy?
With the dangers of repack games out of the way, you may now wonder: is FitGirl Repacks safe to use? The short answer is — yes — as long as you’re using the legitimate FitGirl Repacks site. The real site’s only and safe web address is fitgirl-repacks.site.
Unfortunately, there are several fake mirror sites that show up in search engine results. Thus, this leads to many first timers accidentally downloading content from dupe sites. Downloading anything off of fake FitGirl-Repack sites might put your device in danger and can even lead to cyber attacks threats.
Moreover, people behind these fake sites often use them to steal users’ money. FitGirl Repacks is a free website, but the owner does accept donations from her patrons. This is so she can maintain the website, seedboxes used for storing files, and the VPNs she uses for her own security and protection. Consequently, this results in malicious people taking advantage of the good intentions of others. Not only that, but they are also stealing possible revenue from someone who still only considers repacking games as a hobby.
But then again, we’re still talking about piracy. The issue of stealing donations from patrons and FitGirl herself may fall into a morally gray area for most. If you do ever consider giving back any sum that you can, just make sure it’s to the legit website and account.
How to use FitGirl Repacks Safely
More likely than not, your device already has an antivirus software running. This can either be the best free antivirus that comes with the Windows 10 operating system. Or maybe you decided to splurge money on a paid version. By now, we all know the benefits of installing an antivirus program for both you and your devices.
In order to install any type of pirated software, though, you will need to disable your antivirus program. This is because pirated copies of applications and games have a special .exe file that executes the process of bypassing any legal serial codes. Your antivirus program will detect them as malware or viruses and can delete the file during file extraction. Other software may not even allow you to continue with the installation process.
However, according to the FitGirl Repack site, Windows Defender and Malwarebytes are the only two antivirus programs that block her installers. Other softwares don’t have this problem with her compressed game files.
With that in mind, if you’re using the aforementioned anti-malware programs, then it’s best to disable them during the installation process of FitGirl Repack games. If you still want to err on the side of caution, though, you can still install another antivirus software. Never install any file or program onto your device without scanning them first.
Furthermore, downloading pirated copies of content might land you in legal trouble. As such, it’s highly recommended to use a top-quality virtual private network (VPN). This is to keep your identity safe from your internet service provider (ISP) and any other prying eyes on the web. Admittedly, most VPNs do come with a price tag, but there are still some of the best free VPNs worth checking out.
How to Download FitGirl Repacks Games
Still certain that you want to download the Sims 4 FitGirl Repack compressed version or any other video game? If that’s the case, there are two ways to go about it.
Direct Download via File Hosters
- Go to the real FitGirl website and look up the video game that you want to download.
- After heading over to the game’s summary page, you can choose from several of the site’s file hosters. We suggest selecting a file hoster you’re familiar with.
- Once you’re redirected to your chosen hoster’s page, you can now directly download and save the files.
- After downloading, you will need to extract the files from their compressed folder. WinRAR and 7-Zip are two of the best file archivers that you can use for this method.
Another option is downloading by using a torrent client like uTorrent or BitTorrent. If you do decide to torrent games, you have three methods to approach this.
- FitGirl Repacks uses 1337x to upload the .torrent file of her compressed games. You can head on over to her page at the 1337x torrent site. From here, you can now browse all the compressed repack games that she has uploaded onto the site.
- Secondly, you can also use the magnet link found in a game’s information page on the FitGirl site. This will automatically download the torrent file onto your torrent software.
- The last option is by manually downloading the .torrent file from the FitGirl Repacks site. Once you’ve saved it onto your device, you will need to upload it manually onto your torrent client.
Once you’ve got your .torrent file onto uTorrent or Vuze, click “Okay.” From here you can let your client do the rest as you wait for it to finish downloading.
How to Install FitGirl Repack Games
- As mentioned above, you will need to disable your Windows Defender or any antivirus that may detect false negatives when installing repacked or cracked games.
- After locating your download, verify all binary (BIN) files before installation. By doing so, you are preventing a possible IsDone.dll Error. This is the most common error that gamers face when installing video games onto their PC. Even games bought from legitimate sources can experience this issue. If you ever encounter an IsDone.dll error, you might have downloaded a broken or corrupted file.
- All files must have an “OK” status before proceeding. If not, you will need to re-download the files again.
- Once all files are verified, you can go ahead and begin the installation process by running the setup.exe file.
- Repacks from the real site will have music playing during installation. You can easily mute the FitGirl Repack music button. This just indicates that the game you’re installing is really from the real website.
- On the main setup window, there’s an option for you to limit the installer to use a specific number of random-access memory (RAM). If your device runs on 8GB RAM or lower, it’s heavily recommended that you tick this box.
- Follow the instructions on screen as you would with any other program installation. FitGirl Repack games also come with optional DirectX updates. You can uncheck this option if your device’s DirectX graphics is up to date.
- The verification of BIN files will automatically begin post-installation. If all files have an “Ok” status, that means the game was properly installed.
- From here, you can now run and enjoy your free video games.
Fixing Common FitGirl Repacks Installation Errors
As mentioned above, the IsDone.dll error is one of the most common installation issues out there. Unfortunately, it’s not the only one. Here are the other common issues that you might encounter when installing a pirated game download and how you can fix them.
How to Fix IsDone.dll Error
This error primarily occurs when the game you’re installing has either corrupted or missing files. The best solution is by re-downloading the files again. Another commonly reported reason is that your device itself may have insufficient RAM to install the program.
To check for any RAM issues, run a Windows Memory Diagnostic (WMD) to scan for issues. This will also automatically fix any issues found.
- Launch the Windows Run utility by pressing the Windows + R keys.
- Type in “mdsched” in the dialogue box and click “OK.”
- Select the Restart now and check for problems (recommended) option.
- This will restart your device, so make sure that you’ve saved documents and closed all programs.
- After the WMD finishes the scan, check if IsDone.dll error still persists. Hopefully, this would clear any issues with your RAM.
Setup.exe file is Missing or Unresponsive When Trying to Launch It
This is another issue that occurs when installing a pirated software. It’s most likely that your Windows Defender, or other similar protection software, is blocking it.
- Right click on the .exe file, and click on “Properties.”
- Under the General tab, find the “Security” section. Check the checkbox next to “Unblock.” This will mark the file as safe and will allow your system to run it.
- Click “Okay,” then “Apply” to save the changes.
- Try to launch your installation game file again.
Installation Bar Stuck
If the progress bar freezes during installation, you will need to reboot your device into Safe Mode.
- Cancel the software installation.
- Restart your computer.
- On the sign-in screen, click on the power button.
- Click on “Restart” while holding down the Shift key.
- This will restart your device again, but this time, a new option screen will appear. From here, select “Troubleshoot” > “Advanced options”> “Startup Settings” > “Restart.”
- Your device will restart again and you will see the Startup Settings. Press on the F4 or four key to boot in Safe Mode.
- Once your device restarts again in Safe Mode, you can go ahead and reinstall the game again.
FitGirl Repacks Alternatives
If you’re a veteran in the torrenting scene, you would know the plethora of pirated versions of games found on sites like Kickass Torrents. While you can also find compressed versions of games, the integrity of them is unfortunately questionable. This is because just about anyone can upload anything onto these sites. As such, it’s more likely for viruses to infest your device if you install files from random sites.
Over the years, FitGirl Repacks has earned a reputation as one of the best game repackers out there. However, if you do ever find that the game you’re looking for isn’t on the site, here are other safe alternatives that you can check out.
RG Mechanics on RuTor
RG Mechanics is another popular name when talking about repack games. Even FitGirl herself recommends RG Mechanics games to her site’s visitors. Finding repacks by them, though, is rather difficult. This is because RG Mechanics does not have an official site. With that in mind, all other websites using the RG Mechanics name are fake. Installing anything from them can lead to viruses and malware. You can only find their repack and compressed games on the Russian tracker Rutor. The website itself is in Russian, so you may need to rely on Google Translate to navigate through it and read file descriptions.
El Amigos on PasteBin
Another recommended repacker by FitGirl is El Amigos. Similar to RG Mechanics, El Amigos does not have an official website for their repack games. This is despite the numerous ones that pop-up on search engine results. They distribute the majority of their games through torrent sites and on PasteBin.
This site boasts a wide variety of compressed games. All El Amigos games were obtained from other sources. Yet, they still do offer update packs when game developers release game patches.
Dodi Repacks is a relatively new repacker onto the scene. They use the same tools to compress games as FitGirl Repacks. With that in mind, they also offer the smallest compressed file size on a game possible. You can also find emulated versions of the best Switch games on this repack game site. For those unfamiliar, this means you can download, install, and play dedicated Switch games like Animal Crossings New Horizons on your PC.
Dodi Repacks also has a dedicated Discord channel. Here, gamers can send in game requests and report broken links to the site moderators. You can also ask for help from either mods or other Discord members if you’ve encountered any issues during installation.
Why FitGirl Repacks is Worth a Shot
The gaming industry is a billion dollar industry. However, on the other side of the coin are those who may not have the means to spend money on the latest video game releases. This is why many turn to pirating, cracking, and repacking games.
One can easily trace the success of FitGirl-Repacks to the community of hobbyists and nerds in the file compression scene. Repackers like FitGirl Repack figure out and design algorithms to know which game components they can remove or compress. Thus, this results in game files with smaller bundles. They go beyond what other common file compression programs such as 7-ZIP and WinRaR can generally achieve.
With all pirated content, though, comes common risks. Yes, many members of the FitGirl Repack Reddit thread have already vouched for the integrity of her games. However, it’s still always best to always stay on the safe side of things. After all, what good is saving $60 dollars on a video game if viruses have infected your best gaming laptop?
We CitizenSide do not promote nor condone the act of piracy. We admit, downloading free video games from sites like FitGirl Repacks has some appealing benefits. However, to its core, it is still an act of piracy, which is still illegal. The main purpose of this article is to inform our readers of the nature and history of game repacking and the strong community behind it. We implore all of our readers to always download their games from legitimate sources.