The best Christmas songs of all time come in various forms and genres. Throughout the years, various artists and bands produced holiday songs that have become staples of any Christmas celebration. True enough, listening to upbeat songs as you indulge in the most delicious Christmas food can make your celebration even more delightful. Playing classic holiday tunes as you decorate your tree can also give a nostalgic and warm feeling. Above all, heartfelt Christian tracks can remind both the young and old of the true essence of Christmas.
There is certainly a perfect song for any occasion this yuletide season. Make your holidays even more special by curating the best Christmas playlist with these holiday tunes:
Modern Christmas Songs
Christmas is truly the most wonderful and much-awaited time of the year. Indeed, many people are looking forward to the annual holiday festivities. Doing the same activities may be fun, but you might be wondering how to make them even more special. With new Christmas songs, you can give this year’s holiday celebration a fresh, exciting kick.
There are lots of modern tunes that can make your Christmas playlist even more interesting and fun. For one, you may opt for newly-released tracks from pop stars like Lady Gaga or Miley Cyrus. New original holiday songs can help you take a breather from the typical Christmas jingles. Moreover, classic holiday tunes covered by new, trending artists are also appealing song choices. Their fresh take on old Christmas songs could give the tracks a fresh and delightful flair.
Acquire the youthful, holiday cheer this year with these modern Christmas tunes:
- “Santa Claus is Coming to Town” by BTS
- “Mistletoe” by Justin Bieber
- “My Sad Christmas Song” by Miley Cyrus
- “Christmas Tree” by Lady Gaga
- “Like It’s Christmas” by Jonas Brothers
- “My Gift is You” by Gwen Stefani
Country Holiday Songs
Without a doubt, a lot of people have a penchant for listening to country music all year round. Indeed, these songs can move anyone with their nostalgic melodies and touch hearts with their heartfelt lyrics.
The Christmas season is a perfect time to listen to holiday tunes by talented country artists. Their calming voices are perfect for relaxing and cozying by the fire this Christmas. If you wish to have a Western-inspired dance party for the holidays, upbeat country tunes will surely make your celebration even more special.
From classic Dolly Parton Christmas songs to covers from recent artists, here are some country Christmas songs you can listen to this yuletide season:
- “Christmas on the Square” by Dolly Parton
- “Last Christmas” by Taylor Swift
- “Santa, I’m Right Here” by Toby Keith
- “Where Are You, Christmas” by Faith Hill
- “Let it Be Christmas” by Alan Jackson
- “I Heard The Bells on Christmas Day” by Johnny Cash
- “Joy to the World” by Faith Hill
Classic Holiday Songs
Seasonal classics are always among many a list of the top ten Christmas songs to listen to during the holidays. Traditional holiday tunes make for a great Christmas soundtrack—whether made for Christmas movies or your usual yearly yuletide activities. Indeed, nothing beats the feeling of happily listening to Johnny Mathis’ holiday tracks as you sip your cocoa while the snow gently falls outside.
On another note, traditional Christmas songs also never fail to remind you of happy holiday memories. Such nostalgic recollections can make you hopeful of the future Christmases and years to come. Most of all, classic Christmas tunes bring more warmth and joy into your home and heart.
Get into the familiar, heart-warming holiday spirit with these classic Christmas songs:
- “It’s Beginning to Look A Lot Like Christmas” by Johnny Mathis
- “Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas” by Judy Garland
- “White Christmas” by Bill Crosby
- “Joy to the World” by Aretha Franklin
- “Jingle Bells” by Ella Fitzgerald
- “Wonderful Christmastime” by Paul McCartney
Hip-Hop and R&B Christmas Songs
R&B and hip-hop music are among the genres that many people have come to love. The former offers great rhythmic tunes. These tunes are typically blended with other genre elements such as electronic music, soul, or pop. While R&B can make you sing soulfully, listening to hip-hop music can have you grooving to the beat. Indeed, songs of this genre possess cool rhythms, periodic beats, and rhyming lyrics.
With that said, Christmas song lyrics in these genres are truly popular among many R&B and hip-hop lovers—especially those who wish to sing their hearts out or dance their way through Christmas Eve. If you wish to listen to touching, soulful music or move your body to the beat, here are some of the best R&B and hip-hop tunes you can blast this Christmas:
- “Let it Snow” by Boyz II Men feat. Brian McKnight
- “Christmas in Harlem” by Kanye West
- “A Christmas F****ng Miracle” by Run The Jewels
- “8 Days of Christmas” by Destiny’s Child
- “Love You More at Christmas Time” by Kelly Rowland
- “Merry Christmas Lil Mama” by Jeremih and Chance the Rapper
- “Someday at Christmas” by Stevie Wonder
- “The Christmas Song” by Ne-Yo and Tasha Cobbs Leonard
Christian Christmas Songs
Many people around the world take part in the Christmas celebrations year after year. There are some who visit their families to participate in traditional festivities together. On the other hand, others wish to spend the holidays in a new way—either by taking a trip to a country they never visited before or trying out other cultures’ way of celebrating the yuletide season.
While these are all truly delightful and fun, many people also fail to remember the true essence of Christmas. More than giving gifts or putting up Christmas decorations, the holidays are celebrated to honor the birth of Christ. A great way to be reminded of this is by listening to good Christmas songs that give thanks and praise to God.
From heartfelt Amy Grant Christmas songs to Hillsong Worship holiday tracks, honor the true essence of Christmas with these Christian tunes:
- “Angels We Have Heard on High” by Josh Groban feat. Brian McKnight
- “O Come All Ye Faithful” by Celine Dion
- “Breath of Heaven (Mary’s Song)” by Amy Grant
- “Born is the King (It’s Christmas)” by Hillsong Worship
- “O Little Town of Bethlehem” by Nat King Cole
- “Noel” by Chris Tomlin and Lauren Daigle
Rock Christmas Songs
Any Christmas songs list won’t be complete without rock holiday tunes. Christmas rock hits make up for a great holiday collection that features solid artists such as Bruce Springsteen or legendary bands such as Queen. However, many people tend to shy away from listening to or playing these tunes during Christmas. Indeed, blending holiday lyrics with loud, rock music has produced a lot of unenjoyable material throughout the years.
However, if you take the time to really listen to various Christmas rock songs, you will be surprised to discover that there are a lot of hidden gems out there. Listening to holiday tunes from rock icons can make your Christmas playlist more interesting—all while keeping the holiday spirit very much alive.
Get loud as you rock around the Christmas tree with these awesome holiday hits:
- “Thank God It’s Christmas” by Queen
- “Christmas (Baby Come Home Please)” by U2
- “Santa Claus is Comin’ to Town” by Bruce Springsteen
- “We All Need Christmas” by Def Leppard
- “Christmas All Over Again” by Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers
- “Christmas Christmas” by Cheap Trick
- “White Christmas” by Eric Clapton
- “I Won’t Be Home for Christmas” by Blink-182
Christmas Songs For Kids
Many people would agree that the yuletide season is a season for children. True enough, nothing compares to seeing kids frolic outside as they make snowmen and throw snowballs at each other. There is also an incomparable joy in making a child smile by giving him the gift that he always wanted for Christmas. Indeed, even the crankiest Grinch won’t be able to resist the joy that children bring during the holidays.
So, why not try to make the Christmas festivities even more fun by cranking up the best Christmas tunes for kids? More than making the yuletide season more delightful, listening to holiday tunes can also help remind them of the true meaning of Christmas. Indeed, this provides a great opportunity to make them understand the importance of love, kindness, and family.
Whether you’re looking for family-friendly tracks or Nightmare Before Christmas songs, these holiday songs will make all the little ones dance and smile this Christmas:
- “Frosty The Snowman” by Gene Autry
- “Here Comes Santa Claus (Right Down Santa Claus Lane)” by Gene Autry
- “What’s This” by Danny Elfman
- “Rockin’ Around The Christmas Tree” by Brenda Lee
- “Give Love on Christmas Day” by The Jackson 5
Sad Christmas Songs
When one thinks about Christmas, picturing a fun-filled winter wonderland with people smiling and laughing could easily come to mind. It is the season to be merry and jolly, after all. However, there are many instances when the holidays just aren’t feeling so warm and happy. It could be due to the endless worries brought about by work matters. If not, maybe obstacles in one’s relationships could make Christmas feel less merry. In unprecedented times or uncontrollable situations, many people could also be spending the holidays away from their families.
There is nothing wrong with not being able to give a lot of cheer this holiday season. It is worth noting, however, that there are many ways to cope with personal matters and sad feelings. For one, listening to holiday tunes that depict one’s predicament could help bring comfort. It may be the season of happiness but it is also the time to be kind—not only to others but most importantly, to yourself.
Try to find peace and comfort with these famous Christmas songs this holiday season:
- “Merry Christmas Darling” by The Carpenters
- “Someday at Christmas” by Stevie Wonder
- “Even Santa Claus Gets The Blues” by Marty Stuart
- “Another Lonely Christmas” by Prince
- “Christmas Lights” by Coldplay
- “Last Christmas” by Wham!
- “The Little Boy That Santa Claus Forgot” by Nat King Cole
- “Christmas Won’t Be The Same Without You” by Plain White T’s
Upbeat Christmas Songs
There’s so much to love about Christmas. Exchanging presents with your friends and family is very exciting and fun. Indulging in a hearty feast from your newly-acquired Christmas dinner ideas also makes the holiday even more delightful. To make these traditional activities even more thrilling, listen to upbeat Christmas tunes in order to truly give everyone a feel of the holiday cheer.
Make your celebration a groovy one with the most popular Christmas songs such as these:
- “Merry Christmas Everyone” by Shakin’ Stevens
- “Step into Christmas” by Elton John
- “Is This Christmas?” by The Wombats
- “Jingle Bell Rock” by Bobby Helms
- “I Wish It Could Be Christmas Everyday” by Wizzard
Funny Christmas Songs
Classic Christmas tunes never fail to give warmth during the yuletide season. Indeed, the positivity and lessons they hold are great reminders of what the holiday is all about. However, listening to the same tracks over and over can feel repetitive. From listening to the radio while you drive to buying presents at a store, holiday tunes may seem to follow you everywhere you go. Not to mention, listening to the same songs right after Halloween through the whole month of December could get tiring. No wonder the Grinch wanted to stop Christmas, eh?
Of course, there’s nothing wrong with listening to a song about a red-nosed reindeer or a snowman with a jolly soul. Still, you might be wondering—are there any other fun holiday tunes out there? Fortunately, many comedians and remarkable musicians over the years made tracks that give Christmas a unique but fun flair. Contrary to earnest jingles, funny holiday tunes may not be family-friendly or totally in line with the Christmas spirit. However, they could surely bring a few good laughs and giggles—making them perfect for the season of joy and laughter.
Make your list of Christmas songs even more interesting with these amusing holiday tracks:
- “Don’t Shoot Me Santa” by The Killers
- “Father Christmas” by The Kinks
- “We’re Coming to Your House” by The Three Stooges
- “Baby Boomer Santa” by Donald Glover and Danny Pudi from Community
- “All I Want for Christmas (Is My Two Front Teeth)” by Melissa Flynn
- “I Got a Cold for Christmas” by The Three Stooges
Michael Buble Christmas Songs
Canadian Singer Michael Buble is well-known for his alluring, middle-range singing voice. Many people could also recognize his classic wedding songs and even holiday tunes quite easily. Indeed, Buble conveys an appealing charm that makes Christmas songs even more captivating and heart-warming.
Some examples of his most popular holiday tracks include:
- “I’ll Be Home for Christmas” by Michael Buble
- “Silver Bells” by Michael Buble
- “Ave Maria” by Michael Buble
- “Winter Wonderland” by Michael Buble
- “Cold December Night” by Michael Buble
Ariana Grande Christmas Songs
Currently, Ariana Grande is one of the most famous and admired pop icons in the music industry. Indeed, she has produced record-breaking hits that helped her garner critical acclaim. Moreover, Grande’s relatable songs, stunning fashion taste, and outstanding talent made fans love her even more.
While many people have come to love her catchy hit songs such as “God is a Woman” or even her latest hits like “Positions,” Grande also took her time in creating holiday tunes. In 2013, the pop star released Christmas Kisses, an album that consists of both original holiday songs and covers. Grande’s second extended play album, Christmas & Chill, was added to her discography as a follow-up for Christmas Kisses, as well. Her second Christmas album featured original holiday tracks that showcased the singer’s soulful voice and well-known R&B sound.
Some of the top Christmas songs from Grande include:
- “Santa Tell Me” by Ariana Grande
- “December” by Ariana Grande
- “Santa Baby” by Ariana Grande and Liz Gillies
- “Winter Things” by Ariana Grande
- “Snow in California” by Ariana Grande
- “Not Just on Christmas” by Ariana Grande
- “Love is Everything” by Ariana Grande
- “Wit It This Christmas” by Ariana Grande
Mariah Carey Holiday Songs
American singer Mariah Carey is known for her great presence during the holiday season. Indeed, Mariah Carey songs continue to dominate radio plays and Christmas celebrations all over the world. Over the years, Carey produced and performed a lot of Christmas tracks that bring the holiday cheer into any home. Most of all, her vocal talents make these songs even more heartfelt and moving.
Among the popular Mariah Carey Christmas songs include:
- “All I Want for Christmas is You” by Mariah Carey
- “Oh Santa!” by Mariah Carey, Ariana Grande, and Jennifer Hudson
- “The Star” by Mariah Carey
- “Miss You Most (At Christmas Time)” by Mariah Carey
- “Santa Claus is Comin’ to Town” by Mariah Carey
Frank Sinatra Christmas Songs
There’s no other holiday like a Frank Sinatra holiday. Indeed, the legendary American singer gives a unique yet delightful touch to the holiday celebrations through his songs. Sinatra did an excellent job in channeling his emotions and exhibiting his talents in popular holiday tunes that we have come to love. Moreover, his songs range from melancholic tunes for the weary to upbeat rhythms for those who are in the mood for a celebration. Undoubtedly, one thing is common—all of his Christmas songs embody the spirit of Christmas.
Reflect on the holidays with these old Christmas songs by the legendary singer:
- “I’ve Got My Love to Keep Me Warm” by Frank Sinatra
- “The Christmas Song” by Frank Sinatra
- “Mistletoe and Holly” by Frank Sinatra
- “The Little Drummer Boy” by Frank Sinatra
- “Whatever Happened to Christmas” by Frank Sinatra
Elvis Presley Christmas Songs
Even the King of Rock and Roll produced heartfelt, moving songs for the yuletide season. Throughout the years, Elvis Presley made many people feel the blues and reflect on the holiday’s true essence with his Christmas tunes. Indeed, the King’s vocal talents made such songs even more appealing—making them staples to any Christmas songs playlist.
This December, celebrate the season of joy as you bask in the King’s iconic voice with these best Elvis Christmas songs:
- “Blue Christmas” by Elvis Presley
- “Santa Claus is Back in Town” by Elvis Presley
- “Santa Bring My Baby Back (To Me)” by Elvis Presley
- “Peace in the Valley” by Elvis Presley
- “It Is No Secret (What God Can Do)” by Elvis Presley
Kelly Clarkson Christmas Songs
Without a doubt, Kelly Clarkson is one of the most talented singers. Clarkson never fails to awe fans with her powerful and remarkable voice. Aside from her hit songs like “Because of You” and “Heartbeat Song,” the American singer-songwriter has also released both holiday originals and cover songs.
Among the best Christmas songs ever that feature Clarkson’s soulful, appealing vocals include:
- “Under the Mistletoe” by Kelly Clarkson and Brett Eldredge
- “Underneath the Tree” by Kelly Clarkson
- “Winter Dreams (Brandon’s Song)” by Kelly Clarkson
- “Run Run Rudolph” by Kelly Clarkson
- “Please Come Home for Christmas (Bells Will Be Ringing)” by Kelly Clarkson
Disney Holiday Songs
There’s probably no better way to wrap up this list than by featuring kids Christmas songs by Disney. True enough, the Christmas holiday may already be magical on its own. With Disney tracks, the yuletide season can even be more enchanting.
Experience the nostalgic and heartwarming feel of Disney Christmas songs by listening to these songs:
- “Do You Want to Build A Snowman” by Kristen Bell, Katie Lopez, and Agatha Lee from Frozen
- “As Long as There’s Christmas” by Paige O’Hara from Beauty and the Beast: The Enchanted Christmas
- “Let Love Light the Way” by Elena of Avalor Cast from Elena of Avalor
- “When You Wish Upon a Star” by Cliff Edwards from Pinocchio
- “Bless Us All” by The Cratchit Family Cast from The Muppet Christmas Carol
True enough, there are many ways you can celebrate Christmas. You might want to spend the holidays with a Christmas trivia quiz night with your family this year. Sending Christmas memes to your friends is also a great way to share happiness and laughter during the yuletide season.
No matter what plans you have for the holidays, one thing is for sure: remembering the importance of love and kindness goes a long way in keeping the Christmas spirit alive all year round. With the perfect holiday soundtrack, you can surely bring cheer and joy into the homes and hearts of your loved ones.