Just like flowers and cozy lighting, wedding songs can help set the perfect mood for your wedding. Despite generally having cheesy lyrics and romantic melodies, selecting love songs that you want to play on your special day might also be stressful. True enough, you can easily be overwhelmed by the numerous titles to choose from.
Indeed, a lot of considerations must be taken into account to help you select great wedding songs. You might want to find songs that will fit every moment of your special day. Moreover, you might also opt for ones that are of sentimental value to you and your partner.
Whatever your wishes or intentions are, there is definitely a song that will be the right fit for your wedding day. Turn up the romance with these top 100 romantic wedding songs that will make your special day even more memorable.
Wedding Processional Songs
Seeing a bride walk down the aisle is one of the most moving parts of any wedding. It marks the beginning of the ceremony and the start of a couple’s new life together. With the right song, this moment can become even more tear-jerking and memorable.
Many brides wish to walk down the aisle traditionally, with the classic processional song playing in the background. However, others opt for songs that are meaningful or special for them and their partners.
If you are still wondering what to pick, here is a list of the best wedding songs for your wedding procession:
- Can’t Help Falling In Love by Elvis Presley
- Lover by Taylor Swift
- At Last by Etta James
- La Vie En Rose by Ingrid Mapson
- Endless Love by Diana Ross & Lionel Richie
- Marry Me by Train
- When You Say You Love Me by Josh Groban
- It’s Always You by Chet Baker
- A Thousand Years by Christina Perri
- Songbird by Fleetwood Mac
Wedding Recessional Songs
After a tear-jerking ceremony, you might want to make family members and guests wipe away their tears. As the newly-weds leave the altar, playing an upbeat song can help guests feel more relaxed and lively. Such songs can also help set the mood for the upcoming reception.
Below is a list of some popular wedding songs that can make your recession moment extra special.
- Wouldn’t It Be Nice by The Beach Boys
- Crazy Little Thing Called Love by Queen
- Happy Together by The Turtles
- Signed, Sealed, Delivered by Stevie Wonder
- Crazy For You by Madonna
- Don’t Get Me Wrong by The Pretenders
- Don’t Go Breaking My Heart by Elton John And Kiki Dee
- You Make My Dreams by Hall & Oates
Wedding Reception Songs
After the actual wedding ceremony comes the reception. Here, guests will anticipate the wedding party and the newly-wed couple to enter the room. It is a great way to heighten the excitement and get everyone in the mood for a celebration.
For the wedding reception, most couples opt for upbeat songs related to love or marriage. If you want to stick with a cozier romantic vibe, you can also go for slow wedding songs. These can make everyone feel the love in the air as they relax before the wedding reception activities start.
Here are some of the most popular songs you can play at your wedding reception:
- How Sweet It Is (To Be Loved By You) by Marvin Gaye
- Sugar, Sugar by The Archies
- In Your Eyes by Peter Gabriel
- Here Comes Your Man by The Pixies
- Knocks Me Off My Feet by Stevie Wonder
- Let’s Get Married by The Bleachers
- Everything by Michael Bublé
- Starlight by Electric Light Orchestra
- If You Need Someone by The Field Mice
First Dance Wedding Songs
The newly-wed couple’s first dance is one of the best highlights of any wedding. Seeing the couple share an intimate and romantic moment will undoubtedly touch the hearts of everyone in the room.
Here is a list of some first dance songs that can provide romantic music as you gracefully sway with your husband or wife:
- Here, There, And Everywhere by The Beatles
- When A Man Loves A Woman by Percy Sledge
- I Wanna Grow Old With You by Adam Sandler
- I Found A Reason by The Velvet Underground
- Can’t Fight This Feeling by REO Speedwagon
- Our Love Is Here To Stay by Eric Clapton
- The Closer I Get To You by Roberta Flack And Donny Hathaway
- She by Elvis Costello
Mother Son Wedding Dance Songs
One of the most unforgettable moments in any wedding ceremony is the mother-son dance. However, choosing a perfect song for this moment might be quite difficult or overwhelming. Indeed, there are a lot of songs that perfectly depict a mother’s love or express a son’s gratitude for his mother.
Below is a list of the best songs of all time that will be perfect for any mother-son moment.
- You Raise Me Up by Josh Groban
- You’ve Got A Friend In Me by Randy Newman
- Unforgettable by Nat King Cole
- Because You Loved Me by Celine Dion
- Child Of Mine by Carole King
Father Daughter Wedding Dance Songs
Some say that letting a daughter go is one of the hardest things for a father to do. To mark this, wedding ceremonies usually have a father-daughter dance as a form of acceptance and expression of unconditional love.
Here are some of the most popular songs of all time that can make any father-daughter dance even more special.
- I Loved Her First by Heartland
- My Little Girl by Tim Mcgraw
- Cinderella by Steven Curtis Chapman
- Father And Daughter by Paul Simon
- It Won’t Be Like This For Long by Darius Rucker
Last Dance Wedding Songs
The newly-wed couple usually concludes their wedding night by sharing a last dance. This is also a chance for them to express their love once more as they start a new beginning as life partners. Truly, their last dance will be one for the books. Paired with the right song, this moment can become even more special.
If you are still wondering what song to choose for your last wedding dance, here is a list of some classic love songs to help you out:
- Can’t Take My Eyes Off of You by Frankie Valli
- The Luckiest by Ben Folds
- Wonderful Tonight by Eric Clapton
- I Love You Because by Elvis Presley
- I Only Have Eyes For You by Michael Buble
- The Book of Love by Peter Gabriel
Classic Wedding Songs
When it comes to wedding music, you can never go wrong with the classics. These classic love songs can set a sentimental mood without taking away from the romance. Since such tunes are familiar to most people, they can make guests dance or sing along more easily.
If you wish to go for timeless wedding songs, here is a list of such tunes that will bring everyone into a love-struck trance.
- Unchained Melody by The Righteous Brothers
- The Way You Look Tonight by Frank Sinatra
- Til There Was You by The Beatles
- How Deep Is Your Love by Bee Gees
- Love And Marriage by Frank Sinatra
- True by Spandau Ballet
- Runaway by The Corrs
- Put Your Head On My Shoulder by Paul Anka
- L-O-V-E by Nat King Cole
Classic Rock Wedding Songs
If you and your partner are fond of rock music, opting for classic rock songs will be a cool addition to your wedding playlist. These will provide a twist to the traditional, slow music that most couples play at weddings.
Playing rock songs can be a great way to show personality and personal fondness for the genre. At the same time, many rock songs have a stronger sense of love expression with their hard melodies and passionate lines. These will help set the mood of romance into your wedding reception.
Some of the go-to rock wedding songs couples play on their wedding include:
- All I Want Is You by U2
- Thank You For Loving Me by Bon Jovi
- To Be With You by Mr. Big
- You Really Got Me by The Kinks
- Every Little Thing She Does Is Magic by The Police
- Maps by Yeah Yeah Yeahs
- I Live My Life For You by Firehouse
- Pour Some Sugar On Me by Def Leppard
R&B Wedding Songs
Your parents and grandparents might enjoy swaying to classic songs from Etta James or Elvis Presley. On the other hand, your bridal party and groomsmen might want to groove to tunes from Alicia Keys or Usher. So, curating a collection of great R&B songs might be a great idea to encourage younger guests to sing or dance as well.
To help you create the perfect R&B wedding soundtrack, here is a list of songs that will help bring soul and magic into your special day:
- Let’s Stay Together by Al Green
- If I Ain’t Got You by Alicia Keys Ft. Usher
- Dontchange by Musiq Soulchild
- Always and Forever by Heatwave
- Happily Ever After by Case
- Adorn by Miguel
- Halo by Beyonce
Modern Wedding Songs
Aside from old songs, modern tunes can also make a great addition to your wedding playlist. Opting for these songs can make your wedding mix more relatable for some of your younger guests. Moreover, there are also a lot of modern songs that capture the same passion for love that old songs express.
If you wish to play love songs of recent memory on your wedding day, here are some great options for you:
- Lucky by Jason Mraz feat. Colbie Caillat
- The Only Exception by Paramore
- 1, 2, 3, 4 by Plain White Ts
- Say You Won’t Let Go by James Arthur
- Perfect by Ed Sheeran
Best Dance Songs
Dancing is a great way to encourage guests to participate in wedding activities and show them a good time. To come up with the perfect wedding dance playlist, you need to choose the right tracks. With the right songs, you will have all of your guests busting a move and having a great time.
Some of the best upbeat wedding songs that you can add to your wedding dance mix include:
- I Wanna Dance With Somebody (Who Loves Me) by Whitney Houston
- Can’t Hurry Love by Diana Ross and The Supremes
- (I’ve Had) The Time Of My Life by Bill Medley And Jennifer Warnes
- Shut Up And Dance by Walk The Moon
- Single Ladies (Put A Ring On It) by Beyonce
Slow Wedding Songs
Some might say that there is nothing more romantic than slow songs. Indeed, playing slow dance songs can give any room a dreamier and cozier atmosphere.
If you wish for a more tranquil wedding ceremony and reception, you can opt for slow wedding songs such as:
- Love Me Tender by Elvis Presley
- Crazy Love by Van Morrison
- Always by Frank Sinatra
- I’ll Be Seeing You by Billie Holiday
- I’m in the Mood For Love by Julie London
Country Wedding Songs
If you and your partner have your hearts set on country music, adding country songs can make your wedding soundtrack more special. Known for their sentimental nature, country wedding songs can bring people to tears as you play them when you walk down the aisle or slow dance with your partner.
Below is a list of the best country songs that will keep the romance going on your special day.
- Grow Old With Me by Mary Chapin Carpenter
- My Best Friend by Tim Mcgraw
- Amazed by Lonestar
- Love Like Crazy by Lee Brice
- God Gave Me You by Blake Shelton
Christian Wedding Songs
Christian couples wed to bond over the guidance and love of God. More than a romantic event, a wedding is also a sacred ceremony of two people becoming one for their loved ones and God to witness. A lot of Christian songs express not only the pure affection between two partners but also the unconditional love of God.
If you are looking for Christian wedding songs to play on your special day, here are some great recommendations you can choose from:
- The Prayer by Charlotte Church & Josh Groban
- Wedding Day by Casting Crowns
- When God Made You by Newsong Ft. Natalie Grant
- Oh Happy Day by Aretha Franklin
- I Will Be Here by Steven Curtis Chapman
When words aren’t enough to show how much you love each other, music can become a great platform to express your feelings better. Curating the perfect wedding playlist is a great way to celebrate the new bond between you and your loved one. Without a doubt, romantic wedding songs can bring love into the air on your special day — making it even more romantic and magical.