To make smooth stone in Minecraft, you will need the following materials:
- Wood or any other burnable item for fuel
- A crafting table
- A furnace
Cobblestone is the main ingredient in the process of creating smooth stone. You can obtain cobblestone by mining regular stone blocks with a pickaxe. Stone blocks can be found naturally underground or in caves, and they can also be crafted using smelting recipes.
Wood or any other burnable item is required as fuel for the furnace. Common sources of fuel are wooden planks, sticks, coal, or even wooden tools or logs. You will need enough fuel to smelt the cobblestone into smooth stone. Keep in mind that different materials have varying smelting times, so make sure you have enough fuel to complete the process.
A crafting table is essential for constructing a furnace. If you don’t have a crafting table already, you can create one by placing four wooden planks in a square formation on your crafting grid.
A furnace is the key tool for smelting cobblestone into smooth stone. You will need to have a furnace placed before you can begin the smelting process. Furnaces can be easily crafted using eight cobblestones arranged in a square formation on your crafting table.
Once you have gathered all the necessary materials, you are ready to move on to the next step, which is creating a furnace.
Step 1: Obtain Cobblestone
To make smooth stone in Minecraft, the first step is to obtain cobblestone. Cobblestone is a common block that can be found naturally underground or in caves. It can also be crafted by smelting other stone-related blocks. Here’s how you can get cobblestone:
- Mining: The most straightforward way to obtain cobblestone is by mining regular stone blocks with a pickaxe. When you break a stone block, it will drop cobblestone. This method is the most common and reliable way to acquire cobblestone. You can find stone blocks by exploring underground caves, ravines, or even by digging horizontally at a certain depth.
- Crafting: If you have other stone-related blocks, such as stone bricks or mossy stone bricks, you can convert them into cobblestone by smelting them in a furnace. Simply place any of these blocks in the top slot of a furnace and add fuel to the bottom slot. After a short while, the block will be smelted into cobblestone.
Remember to use a pickaxe made of stone, iron, diamond, or netherite to mine stone blocks successfully. Using other tools or bare hands will not yield cobblestone. Additionally, keep in mind that the fortune enchantment on your pickaxe can increase the amount of cobblestone you obtain from mining.
Once you have acquired a sufficient amount of cobblestone, you are ready to proceed to the next step: creating a furnace.
Step 2: Create a Furnace
After obtaining the necessary cobblestone, the next step in making smooth stone in Minecraft is to create a furnace. A furnace is a fundamental tool used in smelting and cooking various materials. Here’s how you can create a furnace:
- Gather Materials: To create a furnace, you will need eight cobblestone blocks. Cobblestone can be obtained by mining regular stone blocks or by smelting stone-related blocks like stone bricks.
- Open Crafting Table: Approach a crafting table and right-click to open the crafting interface. If you don’t have a crafting table, you can create one by placing four wooden planks in a square formation on your crafting grid.
- Place Cobblestone: In the crafting grid, place the eight cobblestone blocks in a square formation, occupying all the cells. You should arrange them similar to creating a chest.
- Take the Furnace: Once you have correctly placed the cobblestone blocks in the crafting grid, you will see a furnace icon appear in the resulting slot. Simply click and drag the furnace into your inventory.
Congratulations! You have successfully created a furnace. Now you can use it to smelt cobblestone into smooth stone and perform various other smelting tasks. Place the furnace in a convenient location for your crafting needs.
It’s worth noting that furnaces can also be found naturally generated in various structures, such as villages, mineshafts, dungeons, and strongholds. So, if you happen to come across one during your adventures, you can save the trouble of crafting a furnace.
Now that you have a furnace, it’s time to move on to the next step: gathering fuel for the furnace.
Step 3: Gather Fuel for the Furnace
With the furnace set up, the next step in making smooth stone in Minecraft is to gather fuel to power the furnace. Fuel is necessary for the furnace to heat up and smelt the cobblestone into smooth stone. Here are some commonly used fuel sources:
- Wood: Wooden planks, sticks, and logs can be used as fuel for the furnace. If you have any extra wooden materials lying around, they can easily be converted into fuel. Simply place them in the bottom slot of the furnace when you’re ready to begin the smelting process.
- Coal: Coal is a highly efficient fuel source that can power the furnace for a longer duration compared to wood. It can be acquired by mining coal ore underground or by smelting logs or wooden planks in a furnace. Coal blocks, which are crafted using nine coal pieces, can also be used as fuel.
- Charcoal: If you don’t have access to coal, you can create charcoal as an alternative fuel source. Charcoal is made by smelting logs or wooden planks in a furnace. It functions the same way as coal and can power the furnace to smelt cobblestone into smooth stone.
- Blaze Rods: For more advanced players, blaze rods can be used as fuel for the furnace. Blaze rods can be obtained by defeating Blazes in Nether Fortresses. They burn for a longer time compared to wood or coal, making them a valuable fuel source.
Remember to gather enough fuel to last the entire smelting process, as different materials require different smelting times. The number of items you can smelt with a single piece of fuel will be indicated in the furnace’s interface.
Now that you have gathered the necessary fuel, you’re ready to move on to the next step: placing the furnace.
Step 4: Place the Furnace
After gathering the fuel, the next step in making smooth stone in Minecraft is to place the furnace. The furnace will be used to smelt the cobblestone into smooth stone. Follow these steps to place the furnace:
- Select the Furnace: Open your inventory and locate the furnace in your available items. Click on it to select it for placement.
- Select a Location: Look for a suitable location to place the furnace. It can be placed on any solid block, such as the ground or on top of other blocks.
- Place the Furnace: Once you have selected a location, right-click on the block to place the furnace. It will appear in the chosen spot, ready for use.
Make sure to place the furnace near a crafting table or any other necessary materials to conveniently access them while smelting. It’s also a good idea to have a nearby chest to store your items.
Note that the furnace can be broken and retrieved using any tool or by hand. If you wish to move or reposition the furnace, simply break it and pick it up again.
With the furnace placed and ready to use, you can move on to the next step: adding fuel and cobblestone to the furnace.
Step 5: Add Fuel and Cobblestone to the Furnace
Now that you have placed the furnace, it’s time to add the necessary fuel and cobblestone to begin the smelting process. Here’s how you can add fuel and cobblestone to the furnace:
- Open the Furnace: Right-click on the placed furnace to open its interface.
- Add Fuel: Take the fuel source you gathered earlier and place it in the bottom slot of the furnace interface. Each piece of fuel has a specific burn time, so make sure you have enough to complete the smelting process.
- Add Cobblestone: Take the cobblestone you obtained and place it in the top slot of the furnace interface. Each cobblestone will require one piece of fuel to smelt into smooth stone. You can place multiple cobblestones at once if you have enough fuel.
Once you have added fuel and cobblestone to the furnace, you will notice flames inside the furnace indicating that it is working. The furnace will consume the fuel and gradually smelt the cobblestone into smooth stone.
Keep an eye on the progress bar within the furnace interface to see the smelting progress. Once the progress bar is complete, the cobblestone will be transformed into smooth stone, ready for use.
It’s important to note that smelting times may vary depending on the version of Minecraft or the type of fuel used. Generally, one fuel item should smelt at least 8 cobblestone blocks into smooth stone.
Now that you have added the fuel and cobblestone, you just need to wait for the smelting process to complete. The next step will explain how to collect the smooth stone from the furnace.
Step 6: Wait for the Cobblestone to Smelt
Once you have added the fuel and cobblestone to the furnace, the next step in making smooth stone in Minecraft is to wait for the smelting process to complete. Here’s what you need to do:
- Monitor the Progress: Keep an eye on the furnace interface to monitor the progress of the smelting process. You will see a progress bar indicating the current status of the smelting.
- Be Patient: The smelting time may vary based on the version of Minecraft you are playing and the type of fuel used. Typically, one fuel item should be enough to smelt at least 8 cobblestone blocks into smooth stone. As the process continues, you will see the flames inside the furnace burning and the progress bar gradually filling up.
- Wait for Completion: Once the progress bar is completely filled, it means that the cobblestone has been smelted into smooth stone. At this point, you can move on to the final step: collecting the smooth stone from the furnace.
While waiting for the smelting process to complete, you can use this time to gather more resources, explore the world, or work on other projects in your Minecraft world. Remember to keep an eye on the furnace to ensure you collect the smooth stone in a timely manner.
Once the smelting is finished, it’s time to proceed to the last step: collecting the smooth stone from the furnace.
Step 7: Collect Smooth Stone from the Furnace
Congratulations! You have reached the final step in making smooth stone in Minecraft. It’s time to collect the smooth stone from the furnace. Follow these simple steps:
- Approach the Furnace: Move close to the furnace and right-click on it to open the furnace interface.
- Retrieve the Smooth Stone: Inside the furnace interface, you will see two output slots. The left slot is where the smooth stone will appear once the smelting process is complete. Simply click on the smooth stone to move it into your inventory.
- Collect Additional Smooth Stone (Optional): If you have added multiple cobblestone blocks to the furnace, you can click on the remaining smooth stones that appear in the left slot to collect them as well.
Once you have collected all the smooth stone, it will be added to your inventory, ready for use in your Minecraft adventures.
Smooth stone is a versatile block that can be used for various purposes, such as construction, landscaping, or creating decorative structures. Experiment with different designs and combinations to make your Minecraft world truly unique.
Remember to close the furnace interface once you have collected the smooth stone and are ready to move on to other tasks.
Congratulations! You have successfully made smooth stone in Minecraft using the furnace. This valuable block will add a polished and refined touch to your constructions and creations.
Feel free to continue exploring and experimenting in your Minecraft world. There are endless possibilities and adventures waiting for you!