Former NFL Player Sergio Brown Fights Cops During Extradition Flight


Ex-NFL player Sergio Brown, who is accused of murdering his mother, caused chaos on a flight over the weekend as Mexican law enforcement officers attempted to extradite him back to the United States. A video recorded by a passenger named Michelle Williams captures the intense moments when the incident occurred on an Aeromexico plane at the Mexico City airport.

Key Takeaway

Former NFL player Sergio Brown caused a disturbance on an extradition flight when he fought Mexican law enforcement officers who were attempting to bring him back to the United States to face charges of murdering his mother. Despite claiming he was being kidnapped, Brown was eventually apprehended and booked into a San Diego jail.

Trouble on the Flight

In the footage, Sergio Brown can be seen visibly agitated as two officers struggled to restrain him in his seat to initiate the extradition process. The warrant for Brown’s arrest was issued in Illinois. Throughout the ordeal, Brown repeatedly claimed that he was being kidnapped and even physically confronted one of the officers.

Despite the efforts of law enforcement, Brown continued to resist and shout, demanding that the cameras capture what he believed was an unlawful act of kidnapping. The struggle continued until Brown abruptly hit his head on the top of the plane, prompting a woman who identified herself as a doctor to step in and try to calm him down. The video cuts off at this point, leaving the resolution of the situation unclear.

Arrest and Murder Charge

Despite the chaotic scene on the plane, Sergio Brown was eventually transported to the United States and booked into a San Diego jail on Tuesday. Authorities revealed on Wednesday that he had been arrested on a first-degree murder charge in connection with the death of his mother, Myrtle Brown. Myrtle Brown was found deceased last month with apparent assault injuries.

Before his arrest, Sergio Brown had been in Mexico following his mother’s death, seemingly oblivious to the seriousness of the situation. Reports indicate that he had been socializing at clubs in Tulum as if nothing had happened. Now, he is expected to be transported to Illinois to face the murder charge in the coming days.