Creating an ESPN+ Account
If you want to watch a game on ESPN Plus, the first step is to create an ESPN+ account. Follow these easy steps to get started:
- Visit the ESPN+ website or download the ESPN app on your device.
- Click on the “Sign Up” or “Subscribe” button to begin the registration process.
- You will be prompted to enter your personal information, such as your name, email address, and password. Make sure to choose a strong password to protect your account.
- Review the terms and conditions, and if you agree, check the box to accept them.
- Click on the “Continue” or “Create Account” button to finalize the registration.
Once you have successfully created your ESPN+ account, you can move on to the next step of subscribing to ESPN+ to access the game you want to watch.
It’s important to note that ESPN+ is a subscription-based service, so you will need to provide your payment information during the sign-up process. ESPN+ offers different subscription options, including monthly and annual plans, so choose the one that best suits your needs.
Now that you have created your ESPN+ account and subscribed to the service, you are ready to enjoy hours of exciting sports content, including the game you’ve been waiting to watch!
Subscribing to ESPN+
After creating your ESPN+ account, the next step is to subscribe to ESPN+ to gain access to all the exclusive sports content. Here’s how to do it:
- Sign in to your newly created ESPN+ account using your email address and password.
- Go to the ESPN+ subscription page, where you will see various subscription options to choose from.
- Select the subscription plan that best fits your preferences and budget. ESPN+ offers both monthly and annual plans.
- Enter your payment details, including your credit card information, and complete the billing process.
- Once your payment is successfully processed, you will receive a confirmation email for your ESPN+ subscription.
By subscribing to ESPN+, you’ll get access to live games, on-demand content, exclusive shows, and much more. Not only will you be able to watch the game you want, but you’ll also have the opportunity to explore a wide range of sports events and enjoy the in-depth coverage provided by ESPN.
ESPN+ offers a free trial for new subscribers, so make sure to take advantage of this trial period to experience the service before committing to a paid subscription. During the trial, you can explore the available sports content, watch games, and decide if ESPN+ is the right fit for your needs.
With your ESPN+ subscription in place, you’re now ready to move on to the next step of downloading the ESPN app to your preferred device.
Downloading the ESPN App
In order to watch games on ESPN Plus, you’ll need to download the ESPN app on your device. Follow these steps to get the app installed:
- Go to the app store on your device – Google Play Store for Android devices or the Apple App Store for iOS devices.
- Search for “ESPN” in the app store’s search bar.
- Locate the official ESPN app and tap on it to select it.
- Click on the “Install” or “Get” button to begin the download and installation process. Depending on your device and internet speed, this may take a few moments.
- Once the app is downloaded and installed, you’ll find the ESPN icon on your home screen or in your app drawer.
Note that the ESPN app is free to download, but to access ESPN Plus content, you’ll need an ESPN+ subscription, which we covered in the previous section.
The ESPN app provides a user-friendly interface where you can browse and access all the available content, including live games, highlights, and analysis. It also allows you to personalize your experience by selecting your favorite teams and sports, ensuring you get the most relevant information and game updates.
Downloading the ESPN app is an essential step to watch games on ESPN Plus, so make sure to follow these instructions to get it up and running on your device.
Logging into the ESPN App
Once you have downloaded and installed the ESPN app on your device, the next step is to log in to your ESPN+ account. Logging in allows you to access all the exclusive content and watch the game you’ve been waiting for. Here’s how to do it:
- Launch the ESPN app on your device by tapping on the ESPN icon.
- On the app’s main screen, you’ll find the “Sign In” or “Log In” option. Tap on it to proceed.
- Enter the email address and password associated with your ESPN+ account in the provided fields.
- Double-check your login credentials to ensure they are accurate, and then tap on the “Sign In” or “Log In” button.
- If the entered information is correct, you will be successfully logged into your ESPN+ account.
Once you are logged in, you will have full access to the ESPN+ content library, including live games, replays, original shows, and more. You’ll also be able to personalize your experience by selecting your favorite teams and sports to receive tailored content recommendations and notifications.
It’s worth noting that you can also use your ESPN+ account to log in to the ESPN website or any other supported ESPN apps on different devices. This allows you to seamlessly switch between devices without the need to create multiple accounts.
By logging into the ESPN app with your ESPN+ account, you are one step closer to watching the game you want to see. Now, let’s move on to the next section, where we’ll explore how to browse the available ESPN+ content.
Browsing ESPN+ Content
Once you are logged into the ESPN app with your ESPN+ account, you can start browsing the vast collection of sports content available on ESPN+. The app provides a user-friendly interface that makes it easy to find and watch the games you’re interested in. Here’s how to navigate through the ESPN+ content:
- Open the ESPN app on your device and ensure that you are signed in to your ESPN+ account.
- On the home screen of the app, you’ll find a variety of sections and tabs to explore. These may include “Featured,” “Live,” “Replays,” “Originals,” and more.
- Tap on any of these sections or tabs to explore the content within them. For example, the “Live” section will showcase all the ongoing live games available on ESPN+.
- Scroll through the available content to find the game you want to watch. You can use filters or search options to narrow down your search if needed.
- Once you’ve found the game you want to watch, tap on it to access more details and options.
- From the game’s page, you can choose to watch it live, add it to your favorites for easy access, or explore related content and highlights.
The ESPN app provides a seamless and intuitive browsing experience, allowing you to quickly find the games and content that interest you. You can also explore specific sports categories or check out recommended content based on your preferences and viewing history.
It’s worth noting that ESPN+ offers a wide range of sports content beyond live games, including exclusive documentaries, analysis shows, and original programming. Take the time to explore different sections and tabs within the app to discover the full range of content available.
Now that you’ve learned how to browse ESPN+ content, let’s move on to the next steps of finding and watching the game you want on different devices.
Finding the Game you Want to Watch
Now that you have logged in and are browsing the ESPN+ content on the app, it’s time to find the specific game you want to watch. Whether it’s a live game or one that has already aired, ESPN+ provides various ways to locate the game you’re interested in. Here are some tips to help you find the game you want to watch:
- Utilize the search feature: If you know the specific game or team you’re looking for, use the search bar within the ESPN app. Enter keywords such as team names or specific game titles to quickly narrow down your search.
- Check the live section: If the game you want to watch is currently happening, the “Live” section of the app is a great place to start. Here, you’ll find a list of ongoing live games available on ESPN+.
- Explore the replays section: If the game has already taken place and you missed the live broadcast, the “Replays” section is where you can find recorded versions of past games. Look for the specific sport or team you’re interested in to locate the game you want to watch.
- Use categories and filters: To narrow down your search, utilize the category filters available within the ESPN app. These filters may include sports categories like basketball, soccer, football, or specific leagues and tournaments.
- Check the schedule: ESPN+ often provides a schedule of upcoming live games on their website or within the app. Consult the schedule to see when the game you want to watch will be available and make a note of the date and time.
By using these techniques, you can easily find the game you want to watch on ESPN+. Remember that ESPN+ offers a wide range of sports content, so take the time to explore different sections, filters, and search options to locate the game that suits your preferences.
Once you have found the game you want to watch, it’s time to learn how to view it on different devices, such as your smart TV, mobile device, or by casting it to your TV. We’ll cover these options in the upcoming sections.
Viewing the Game on a Smart TV
If you prefer watching the game on a bigger screen, you can easily view it on a smart TV using the ESPN app. Here’s how:
- Ensure that your smart TV is connected to the internet and has the ESPN app installed. If the app is not already installed, you can typically find it in the app store of your smart TV.
- Using your TV’s remote control, open the ESPN app.
- Sign in to your ESPN+ account by entering your login credentials on the screen. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the login process.
- Once you are signed in, navigate through the app’s menu or search for the game you want to watch using the search feature.
- Select the game you want to watch and click on it to start streaming.
- Enjoy watching the game on your smart TV with the comfort of a larger display and immersive experience.
Watching the game on a smart TV provides a fantastic viewing experience, especially when you gather friends and family to enjoy the action together. Make sure your smart TV and ESPN app are updated to the latest versions for optimal performance.
If you encounter any issues while streaming on your smart TV, you may want to check your internet connection, restart the TV, or consider using alternate methods like casting the game from your mobile device. Troubleshooting common issues will be covered later in this guide.
Now that you know how to watch the game on your smart TV, let’s explore how you can view it on your mobile device.
Watching the Game on a Mobile Device
If you prefer watching the game on the go or don’t have access to a smart TV, you can easily stream it on your mobile device using the ESPN app. Here’s how:
- Ensure that you have downloaded and installed the ESPN app on your mobile device from the respective app store.
- Open the ESPN app on your device and sign in with your ESPN+ account credentials.
- Once logged in, navigate to the live or replay section, depending on whether the game is currently ongoing or has already aired.
- Scroll through the available games or use the search option to find the specific game you want to watch.
- Tap on the game to access the stream, and enjoy watching the game directly on your mobile device’s screen.
Using the ESPN app on your mobile device allows you to watch the game wherever you are, as long as you have a stable internet connection. This is a convenient option for those who are always on the move or prefer a personalized viewing experience.
Most mobile devices provide a high-definition display, ensuring that you don’t miss out on any action or details of the game. Additionally, the ESPN app allows you to customize your viewing experience with features like closed captions, picture-in-picture mode, and live game stats.
With the game streaming on your mobile device, you can enjoy watching it at your convenience, whether it’s during your daily commute, while waiting for an appointment, or simply relaxing at home.
Now that you know how to watch the game on your mobile device, let’s explore how you can cast the game to your TV for a bigger and shared viewing experience.
Casting the Game to a TV
If you prefer watching the game on a larger screen but don’t have a smart TV, you can still enjoy the game by casting it from your mobile device to your TV using casting devices like Chromecast, Roku, or Apple TV. Here’s how to do it:
- Ensure that your casting device is connected to the same Wi-Fi network as your mobile device.
- On your mobile device, launch the ESPN app and sign in with your ESPN+ account.
- Select the game you want to watch and tap on it to start streaming on your mobile device.
- Look for the casting icon within the ESPN app (typically located in the top-right or bottom-right corner of the screen).
- Tap on the casting icon and select your TV or casting device from the available options.
- The game will now start streaming on your TV, allowing you to enjoy the game on a larger screen.
It’s important to note that the casting feature may vary depending on the casting device and the app version, so make sure you are using the latest versions of both the ESPN app and the casting device’s software.
Casting the game to your TV provides a shared viewing experience, allowing you to gather friends or family to enjoy the game together. You can also make use of the additional features and settings provided by your casting device to enhance your viewing experience, such as adjusting the volume, enabling subtitles, or controlling playback.
If you encounter any issues while casting, ensure that both your mobile device and casting device are connected to the same Wi-Fi network and are within range of each other. Additionally, check for any updates or troubleshooting steps specific to your casting device.
Now that you know how to cast the game to your TV, you’re ready to enjoy the game on a bigger screen, whether it’s with your loved ones or cheering solo.
Troubleshooting Common Issues
While streaming games on ESPN Plus, you may encounter some common issues. Here are a few troubleshooting steps to help you resolve these issues:
1. Poor Internet Connection: Check your internet connection and make sure you have a stable and high-speed connection. If needed, restart your modem or router and try reconnecting.
2. Device Compatibility: Ensure that your device meets the system requirements for the ESPN app. Update your device’s operating system and the ESPN app to the latest versions available.
3. Clear Cache and Data: If you experience performance issues or the app is not working properly, try clearing the cache and data of the ESPN app. This can help resolve glitches and improve app functionality.
4. Restart the App: If you encounter any issues with the app, try closing and reopening it. This simple step can often resolve minor technical glitches.
5. Check ESPN+ Subscription: Verify that your ESPN+ subscription is active and in good standing. Log out of the app and log back in to refresh your subscription status if necessary.
6. Update App and Streaming Devices: Keep your ESPN app and streaming devices, such as Chromecast or Roku, updated with the latest software versions. Outdated software can cause compatibility issues and disrupt your streaming experience.
7. Contact Customer Support: If you have exhausted troubleshooting steps and are still experiencing issues, reach out to ESPN+ customer support for assistance. They can provide further guidance based on your specific situation.
Remember, technical issues can occur from time to time, but most problems can be resolved with these troubleshooting steps. Patience and persistence are key when it comes to ensuring a smooth streaming experience.
Now that you’re equipped to troubleshoot common issues, you can fully enjoy your ESPN+ subscription and the games it offers. Let’s move on to exploring how to watch games on demand.
Watching Games on Demand
One of the great features of ESPN Plus is the ability to watch games on demand. Whether you missed a live game or want to rewatch a favorite match, ESPN Plus has you covered. Here’s how to access and watch games on demand:
- Open the ESPN app or visit the ESPN website on your device.
- Sign in to your ESPN+ account using your login credentials.
- Navigate to the “Replays” or “On Demand” section of the app or website.
- Browse through the available games or use search filters to find the specific game you want to watch on demand.
- Select the game from the list to access its details and playback options.
- Click on the play button to start watching the game on demand.
Watching games on demand allows you to enjoy the flexibility of choosing when and where to watch, ensuring you never miss out on your favorite teams or matches. You can pause, rewind, or fast-forward through the game as needed, giving you complete control over your viewing experience.
ESPN Plus often provides additional features with on-demand games, such as replay analysis, extended highlights, and multiple camera angles, allowing you to dive deeper into the game and relive the thrilling moments.
With the availability of games on demand, you can conveniently catch up on missed games, enjoy classic matchups, or simply rewatch memorable sporting events at your leisure.
Now that you know how to access and watch games on demand, let’s discuss the process of canceling your ESPN+ subscription, should the need arise.
Cancelling your ESPN+ Subscription
If you decide that you no longer want to continue your ESPN+ subscription, you can easily cancel it. Here’s how to do it:
- Visit the ESPN+ website or open the ESPN app on your device.
- Sign in to your ESPN+ account using your login credentials.
- Navigate to your account settings or subscription management section.
- Locate the option to cancel or manage your subscription.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to initiate the cancellation process.
- Confirm the cancellation when prompted.
- You will receive a confirmation email stating that your ESPN+ subscription has been canceled.
Note that once you cancel your ESPN+ subscription, you will no longer have access to the exclusive content and features offered by the service. However, you will still be able to access the free content available on the ESPN website or app.
It’s important to keep in mind that ESPN+ operates on a subscription billing cycle. If you cancel your subscription during an ongoing billing cycle, you will continue to have access to the service until the end of the current cycle. After that, your subscription will no longer be active, and you will not be billed for future cycles.
If you change your mind later, you can always resubscribe to ESPN+ by following the usual sign-up process and selecting a subscription plan that suits your needs.
Now that you know how to cancel your ESPN+ subscription, you can make an informed decision about managing your subscription based on your sports viewing preferences and needs.