The basic of cooking always starts with how to boil eggs. Not simply because it sounds easy but eggs are in fact one of the superfoods to be considered in your diet. They are highly nutritious and are an excellent source of protein.
In our today’s society, the emphasis has been laid continuously on food items with high levels of cholesterol. Eggs have a considerable amount of this substance that is of great health concern. That notwithstanding, it is safe to eat eggs to benefit from its numerous nutritional values.
Eggs can be prepared and eaten in several ways. They can be boiled, fried, or even scrambled. Although these methods of preparation are quite healthy, boiled eggs have the advantage of being made without any oily or fatty complement as in frying. Hence, it is less fatty and poses little risk to patients suffering from hypertension, obesity, or other ailments.
Hence, it will be helpful to know how to boil eggs in detail like a pro chef. We will not just teach you the general method but some cool methods you can use for the family.
Several options are available when boiling your egg. You may consider producing soft boiled eggs, hard-boiled eggs, or onsen eggs. This article is designed to guide on how to boil eggs and subsequently get the results you desire, be it nutritional or medical or a recipe for your diet.
What You Should Know About Eggs?
Most eggs are laid by the female of animals. These animals include reptiles, birds, amphibians, and some mammals. They have been eaten for thousands of years by humans. The best eggs you can eat for food are chicken eggs, duck eggs, and others. Egg yolks and whole eggs contain considerable amounts of protein and chlorine.
Due to its protein content, the United States Department of Agriculture formerly categorized eggs as meat within the food guide pyramid. During production, eggs are usually candled to check their quality. Regardless, here’s how you should prepare your eggs.
Boiling eggs is one of the various alternatives that can be used to prepare them for food. There is a need to know how to boil eggs since it’s something we deal with every day. Boiled eggs are so nutritious that you can almost get a fraction of all the nutrients you need from them. They can give you a lot of vitamins and minerals.
If boiled eggs are this nutritious, then you must be itching to know how to boil eggs. The skill of boiling eggs is important as knowing it will imply you have access to knowledge that can guarantee you access to endless nutrients. So how do you boil your egg to get perfect boiled eggs? This article was prepared to educate to get the best of boiled eggs, considering the following classes/methods of boiling eggs.
• Hard-boiled eggs
• Soft boiled eggs
• Onsen eggs
How to Make Hard-Boiled Eggs?
As we learn how to boil eggs, we must not forget there are different kinds of boiled eggs – one of which is hard-boiled eggs. Let’s see how to make hard-boiled eggs.
Firstly, what is a hard-boiled egg? A hard-boiled egg is an egg that is cooked so that the white part and the yolk part both solidify. How then can you boil an egg to ensure that it hard boils? The following steps are a perfect guide to successfully hard boil eggs.
• Step 1:
Fill a saucepan to about a quarter with water. Place the number of eggs you wish to cook to the single layer at the bottom of the saucepan. Make sure the eggs are covered by an inch of water. You must make sure you add more water to the pan so that the ratio of water is proportionate to the number of eggs you add to the saucepan. You must ensure that as the number of eggs increases, the more the level of water that should cover the eggs.
• Step 2:
Apply a considerable amount of heat to the saucepan and content and ensure it is brought to a full rolling boil. At this point, you must note that it is important to take extra care to ensure the white part of the eggs does not come out. Adding a small amount of vinegar to the water will prevent the white part from out when the cracks. To avoid cracking, add half a spoon of salt. This will also help the egg to peel easily.
• Step 3:
After boiling for some time, turn off your cooker and allow the saucepan to rest on the cooker for 10 to 12 minutes. If you are using a cooker like a stove that can retain heat, you might want to lower it and allow it to simmer for a minute before turning it off.
In some instances, you can boil the egg for up to 15 minutes. Fifteen minutes of eggs are extremely hard-boiled eggs, 10 minutes eggs, and 8 minutes eggs are also hard-boiled. The time factor is dependent on how hard-boiled you want your eggs. Make sure the eggs are not overcooked.
• The Final Step:
Strain the hot water from the pan and immediately run cold water over it to cool them and prevent them from cooking further.
*Tips help get an easy-peel hard-boiled egg
After getting your eggs hard-boiled, you should be able to know how to store hard-boiled eggs. One of the ways is to preserve them in a refrigerator for use later. That leads to the answer to the question of how long do hard-boiled eggs last in the refrigerator. Hard-boiled eggs can be stored in the refrigerator for between 4 days and one week, either peeled or unpeeled.
How to Make Soft Boiled Eggs?
By now, you must have understood how to boil eggs to the point that it can be classified as hard-boiled. There are other solutions to how we can boil eggs. For instance, the soft boiling egg is another way of boiling eggs.
Soft boiled eggs are a unique variety of boiled eggs that are characterized by a thick white part and a silky yellow part. It means the yolk part of the eggs does not solidify as is obtainable in hard-boiled eggs. The following steps will properly guide you through all the steps you need to make oozy yolk soft boiled eggs.
• The first step is to add water to your saucepan, add your eggs on the saucepan layer. Ensure you add a small quantity of water.
• Then, place the water on your cooking gas and heat to the boiling point.
• Quickly after you confirmed the water comes to a boil, place the eggs into the boiling water using thongs to avoid hot water from burning your finger.
• After adding the eggs, place the lid of the saucepan back and allow the egg to boil for exactly six minutes. The lid helped the saucepan to hold more heat and therefore making the eggs to boil evenly and as well cook quickly.
• In six minutes, transfer the eggs to an ice bath. This will enable the eggs to cool faster.
• After cooling the eggs, make sure you avoid exposing them to high temperatures or let them sit at room temperature. Any such attempt will continue to cook the egg and cause the soft yolk to solidify. This is an important point to note on how to boil eggs.
• To peel the eggs, gently tap the hard external part of the egg to avoid spilling the liquid egg yolk. Begin peeling from the fat end and rinse immediately to remove any remaining shell.
How long can a Soft Boiled Eggs be Stored?
Soft boiled eggs typically can last for about two to three days if kept refrigerated with its shell.
How to Make Onsen Eggs?
Among the answers to your question on how to boil eggs is the onsen egg preparation. Onsen egg is a traditional Japanese recipe typically cook in the hot onsen spring. Today, there is no need for the hot spring. You can easily follow the steps stated below to prepare your onsen egg.
• Get a big pot and fill it with water. Note that the number of eggs you are cooking will determine the size of the pot to use and the water quantity you should add. Allow the water to attain a rolling boil.
• Move the pot away from heat and allow to stay for about 1 minute.
• Add eggs separately and allow them to stay for 12 minutes.
• Remove from pot and transfer to ice-cold water.
• Gently crack the egg, and all the contents will roll out. Make sure they are cool enough to avoid being loose.
All the methods discussed in this piece will give you and your family the best of boiled eggs you can get any day. Endeavor to try it out today.