TikTok is an excellent app for entertainment and showcasing your talent. However, this app also has a dark side to it. Some TikTok challenges are life-threatening. Parents must keep their kids from trying these trends; otherwise, the consequences might be tragic.
Here, we’ll share some dangerous TikTok challenges in 2023 that parents need to look out for. Let’s dig them out!
How To Make TikTok Safe for Kids?
While TikTok has become increasingly popular among teenagers, it’s also aroused parents’ concerns due to inappropriate trends and dangerous challenges. Keep your children safe from inappropriate content and dangerous TikTok challenges in 2023, using a reliable monitoring tool like Eyezy.
With Eyezy software, it’s possible to monitor your child’s activities on the platform in real-time. You can even set up keyword alerts to stay informed on inappropriate words or phrases they use. Check Eyezy pricing and the handy features it offers. Eyezy’s User Activity Log provides a full log of activities done on TikTok. This way, you can spot inappropriate trends or dangerous challenges your child might be participating in.
The Parental Control feature also gives parents total control over their kid’s use of the platform. It allows them to block inappropriate content and set time limits on usage. With Eyezy, you can keep your kids safe on TikTok and make sure inappropriate content is blocked.
What Makes TikTok so Popular?
TikTok has become the world’s seventh most-downloaded app, with more than 1.5 billion users! The ability to record, edit, and post videos on the same app is its most remarkable feature. TikTok users can record up to 60-second-long videos. They can also upload 3-minute-long videos from their camera roll/photo gallery.
Furthermore, TikTok offers a unique mix of creative expression, entertainment, and self-expression that appeals to users worldwide. From popular TikTok Challenges like Renegade and the Blinding Lights challenge to lip-sync videos and popular songs, there’s something for everyone on TikTok.
Another noteworthy feature is the user-friendly interface. When the users open TikTok, they are taken to the “For You Page” or the FYP. The FYP is filled with videos from users that you don’t follow but might interest you. Besides this, the users can also search for users, videos, sounds, and hashtags of their choice from the Discover page.
The easy-to-use app interface, paired with optimum personalization, provides people with the perfect dose of entertainment. It makes it impossible to exit once you start scrolling.
Top 5 Dangerous TikTok Trends To Avoid
The top 5 dangerous trends on TikTok include:
1. The Orbeez Challenge: It involves filling a bathtub with water and adding hundreds of colorful Orbeez balls to the mix. This challenge is inappropriate because it could cause people to slip and fall while they’re in the tub, leading to potential injuries.
2. Blackout Challenge: In this challenge, the users try to hold their breath for as long as possible. It is an extremely dangerous TikTok challenge, as it can cause severe neural damage and even death.
3. Cha Cha slide: Some variations of the Cha Cha challenge include steering the car recklessly according to DJ Casper’s song lyrics. Attempting this challenge not only puts the kids’ life at risk of an accident but also makes it unsafe for other cars, people, and animals on the road.
4. The Door Kick Challenge: This inappropriate TikTok trend involves kids kicking their neighbor’s doors. This challenge can break the other person’s door, injure the attempter, scare the neighbors, and so forth.
5. The Benadryl challenge: This inappropriate challenge involves ingesting large amounts of Benadryl and then recording the effects on TikTok. The danger in this trend is that it can lead to severe side effects, such as nausea, vomiting, confusion, and more.
Why Parents Should Know TikTok Trends
One of the biggest concerns for parents is the potential for exposure to inappropriate content. TikTok has faced criticism for allowing users to share sexually suggestive or violent videos. Additionally, the platform’s algorithm can also expose children to content that may be too mature for them to handle.
Another concern is the potential for cyberbullying on the platform. Like other social media platforms, TikTok allows users to comment on and share videos, which can lead to negative interactions between users. Children and teenagers who are bullied on TikTok may experience feelings of isolation and depression, which can have long-term effects on their mental health.
TikTok has also been known for its addictive nature. The platform’s algorithm and social validation can create an environment where users feel pressure to create and share more and more content. Furthermore, as children and teenagers spend more time on the platform, they may neglect other activities, such as schoolwork and physical exercise. As a result, this may lead to negative consequences.
Furthermore, TikTok’s privacy concerns are also a significant concern for parents. The platform collects large amounts of data on its users, which can be shared with third-party advertisers without the user’s knowledge or consent. This can put children at risk of identity theft or other forms of online exploitation.
Parents should stay alarmed about the potential risks associated with TikTok use. While the platform can be a fun and creative outlet for youngsters, it is important for parents to monitor their children’s use of the platform. Having open and honest discussions about online safety is a wise idea.
TikTok is a great app, but it can be dangerous if used in an improper manner, and this is the main reason why parents fear TikTok. Therefore, parents should keep track of their children’s activity and install monitoring apps like Eyezy to prevent them from participating in any dangerous trends. Protect your children today with Eyezy, the ultimate TikTok safety solution!